Re: gsl on macos x

Jeff Whitaker writes:
 > Trying to build gsl on MacOS X - I get all the way to the end, then the
 > dynamlic linker (DYLD) complains about multiply defined symbols when
 > building libgsl.dylib.  I get about a 100 lines of messages like this:
 >
 > ld: multiple definitions of symbol _gsl_block_alloc
 > block/.libs/libgslblock.al(init.lo) definition of _gsl_block_alloc in
 > section (__TEXT,__text)
 >
 > I know DYLD is very picky about multiple symbol definitions - unlike ld on
 > most unices.  Does anyone know if there is any solution to this problem?

Thanks for reporting that.  I don't know what the problem is, but you
could try compiling with

  ./configure --disable-shared

to see if it only affects shared libraries.  Could you send me the
complete list of errors so I can see if there is anything different
about the functions with errors (or does it occur for every function?).

regards
Brian Gough