Re: GSL within Public Domain Software

> I think you're confusing two questions:
>
> 1. What licence must I use for a work derived from GPL'd software?
> 2. What licences are acceptable for *components* included in a work
>    derived from GPL'd software?

I am aware of the differences here.  But I was principally addressing
what Lowell Johnson wrote:

  In my vision of a perfect world, the GPL would say something to the
  affect that GPL'd libraries may be linked with software of a "lesser",
  or "more free?", copyright.  In other words, it seems like public
  domain software, which is about as free as you can get, poses no
  threat to the GPL.

This is issue #2.

It seems to be a common misconception that GPL'ed works cannot
be linked with software under less restrictive licenses.

- Jason