Re: gsl Development Query

Randall Judd writes:
 > In VSIPL every view contains a pointer to the block.

I think we can accomodate this in GSL by not setting the block field
to NULL for views, and having a separate field in the struct to
indicate ownership of the memory instead.  Then one would always be
able to determine the underlying block for any view.

This seems straightforward to support, so I will do that -- it only
needs a change in the struct defn and a few associated routines.