In favor of C: exposing my arguments.

Greetings to all,

I am an user of GSL. My program MOISS, a Quantum Monte Carlo program uses
it. I found a lot of other C++ libraries around that I could use like
goose but I left them specifically because they were C++ code.

Because I am a micro GNOME Hacker (the GUI for MOISS is done in
GNOME/GTK+), and I have heard Miguel de Icaza's (head of the GNOME
programmer of Midnight Commander, port of Linux to the Sparc, etc.) SMART
comments on why C++ is not a very good choice for programming I'd rather
put my vote on using a structure like GLIB's. It has a lot of nice hacks
in it and it's very elegant.

Besides, my new project revolves around Python, Fortran and my C code. I
will use SWIG extensively for using Python as a "glue" for the code. if
GSL is in C it's much easier to generate the python interfaces for the
functions I need.

This is just a "personal" point of view and a humble "user's" vote for
staying with C.

Alan Aspuru-Guzik