Re: The Plan

I said some of this before, but here it is again.

I think the move to C++ is a good one.  I have written scientific
codes which link with C, C++, and FORTRAN, as well as use Perl.  I
would guess this is fairly typical, but it is a pain in the neck
(especially when you do it cross-platform).

Something like GSL just screams for C++.  Of course there is the whole
issue of the GNU coding standards (which tell us to write in C), but I
think this request is no longer valid given the current status of gcc.

dd