Re: What integer type should ELF note header have?

On 12/10/17 12:52, Suprateeka R Hegde wrote:
This is the reason why on HP-UX we do not even have that
Elf[64|32]_Nhdr. It would make the word size same for both 32-bit and
64-bit data models. I think even gABI does not define *_Nhdr. Or am I
mistaken?

   I think you're right, these aren't in the gABI, just in the libelf.h
header.

Of course, the header is expected to reflect the gABI, and it's easy to
see how the header would be persuasive documentation to anyone trying to
work out what the gABI intends. It's somewhat less than gABI, and somewhat
more than "some guy on google says". :-)

- Ali