Re: Specify how undefined weak symbol should be resolved in executable

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, H.J. Lu wrote:

> > Typo?  What is the meaning of "dynamic relocation available at
> > runtime". Are you talking about a relocation entry or the relocation
> > process?
>
> Dynamic relocation isn't available with static linking.

So you _are_ talking about the process.  I think it's customary to call
such executables "dynamic", or perhaps non-static, isn't it?  (Why I'm
confused with your wording: a dynamic executable which happens to have no
dynamic reloc entries, has "no dynamic relocation available at runtime",
and so we couldn't add one :))

> > How about "When creating a dynamic executable the link editor should
> > ..."?

So, I still can understand my version better (possibly with
s/dynamic/non-static/) :)

> >> the link editor should generate dynamic relocations against
> >> unresolved weak symbols so that their values will be resolved at
> >> run-time.

Ciao,
Michael.