This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNATS project.
Announcing gnatsweb 2.8.1
- To: gnats-devel at sources dot redhat dot com, gnats-announce at sources dot redhat dot com, bug-gnats at gnu dot org
- Subject: Announcing gnatsweb 2.8.1
- From: Yngve Svendsen <yngvesv at math dot ntnu dot no>
- Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:01:37 +0200
A new release of Gnatsweb is available for download.
The version number is 2.8.1, and as can be surmised from the small
increase, this is a minor bug-fix release. The bugs fixed shouldn't affect
too many people, but for those affected, the problems are serious enough.
Gnatsweb 2.x won't work with the upcoming Gnats 4. Versions working with
Gnats 4 will have version numbers starting with a '4'. Patches and
contributions for version 2.x are still welcome, even though no further
releases are currently planned.
The Gnatsweb 2.8.1 distribution (59 kB) will be available from ftp.gnu.org
in a short while. However, it is available immediately at
This site is very hard to get into, though, so I have set up an HTTP mirror at
This is the entry for 2.8.1 in the NEWS file of the distribution:
Current Version: 2.8.1
See the file ChangeLog for the details of all changes.
Changes from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1
* Redirect after submitting edits wasn't working on systems with a
new CGI.pm. This has been fixed.
* We now let people search for PRs with category 'pending'.
* The INSTALL file now makes it abundantly clear that you need a
gnats-db.conf file even if you have only a single database.