POSX clocks & timers question

Hi,

I am working on an enhancement to linux to add high resolution timers to
the kernel.  When this work gets accepted into the kernel, it will
define several new system calls:

clock_gettime
clock_settime
clock_getres
clock_nanosleep

timer_settime
timer_gettime
timer_getoverrun
timer_create
timer_delete

Currently these functions are in glibc (in libpthread and else where).
Some vendors put them in librt.  The question I need to resolve is just
where these should be.  It seems that they are in libpthread only
because they currently depend on the pthread functions, but, as
indicated above, they will be system calls and will not depend on any
other functions.

Comments?

--
George           george@mvista.com