Re: Undefined reference to atexit (FAQ).

On 07 Nov 2001 22:33:21 +0000
Nix <nix@esperi.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > Ok, I'm going to try to compile it with gcc-2.95.4pre with the patch
> > you gave me, but what about gcc-3.0.2 that just came out ?

> Certainly not in this glibc release. The problem is in glibc, not just
> in GCC; glibc needs to be able to handle C++ programs built under
> GCC-2.9x throwing exceptions through a glibc built with GCC-3.0 (which
> uses a totally different exception unwinder), preferably without
> including overly huge great chunks of GCC's exception unwinder code in
> glibc).

> It's a knotty bastard to fix.

Is there any prediction on how long it's going to take to fix this ? I
think gcc and glibc development should be more integrated. It's not the
first time something like this occurs.

BTW, I used the compiler you said and it works OK now... Even a problem I
had with mozilla plugins that was related to glibc disappeared.

Thanks a lot ! ;-)

--

       Tiago

PGP signature