RE: Error 127 in install of glibc 2.2.3

More progress... for anyone who's been following the crisis I suffered when
an install of glibc-2.2.3 went bad at the final hurdle, I have managed to
re-installed glibc-2.1.1 from the RPM on my distro CD.

Once I changed the symlinks for libutils, libc and ld-linux to point back to
2.1.1 instead of 2.2.3 - and got init to work I could mount the CD and then
rpm -Uvh --replacefiles --replacepkgs glibc-2.1.1.rpm (and this overwrote
the symlinks for the files like libm.so to point back to the earlier version
of the library.

Thanks for everyone's patience, sympathy and support. Now I've cleared out
the installation I put into /usr/bin, I can try again!

Nick