This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
iostream header missing?
- To: GNU C <glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu>
- Subject: iostream header missing?
- From: Gerald Marewo <gerald at aardvark dot uz dot ac dot zw>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 13:31:37 +0200
- Address: Box MP167, Harare, Zimbabwe
- Organization: Department of Mathematics, U. Z
- Phone: 263-70-23357 (home)
- Reply-To: glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu
Here is a simple c program I tried compiling and it failed:
cout << "Hello, world!" << endl;
The output I got is follows:
t.cpp:1: iostream: No such file or directory
The version of gcc I am using is:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/220.127.116.11/specs
gcc version 18.104.22.168
on Linux S.u.S.E 5.2:
Linux aardvark 2.0.34 #67 Thu Jun 18 17:04:10 MEST 1998 i686 unknown
I was just wondering if anyone on the list has an idea of solving
my problem. It all started when we tried installing octave-2.1.30.
We obtained the following output:
make: Entering directory `/home/j/root/octave-2.1.30/liboctave'
c++ -c -I. -I.. -I../liboctave -I../src -I../libcruft/misc -
I../glob -I../glob -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -mieee-fp -fno-rtti -fno-implicit-
templates -g -O2 -Wall Bounds.cc -o Bounds.o
Bounds.cc:31: iostream: No such file or directory
In file included from Bounds.cc:33:
Bounds.h:30: iostream: No such file or directory
make: *** [Bounds.o] Error 1
That is why I had to try out the c program given above.
Any form of help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Gerald Marewo firstname.lastname@example.org Macintosh Software Hints:
MACSOFT anarchie-201.hqx fetch-303.hqx finger-150.hqx ncsa-telnet-27b4.hqx