This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: environ and -D_GNU_SOURCE
- To: glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu
- Subject: Re: environ and -D_GNU_SOURCE
- From: Kaz Kylheku <kaz at ashi dot footprints dot net>
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:16:59 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang at ultim dot net>
- Reply-To: glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu
On 17 May 2000, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> environ is not part of any standard AFAIK - and therefore you need
> _GNU_SOURCE. If it would be, you would get it via one of the other
The static object
extern char **environ;
is documented in The Single Unix Specification. So its declaration can be
probably be available by the less inclusive _XOPEN_SOURCE .