This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Xfree86 Fails to compile.
- To: glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu
- Subject: Re: Xfree86 Fails to compile.
- From: Allin Cottrell <cottrell at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:06:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-To: glibc-linux at ricardo dot ecn dot wfu dot edu
On Wed, 5 Apr 2000 email@example.com wrote:
> I just upgraded to glibc-2.1.3 and am noticing one oddity.
> Xfree86-4.0 fails to compile. It does not bomb with errors,
> either.. It just stops dead. I noticed that the
> 'makedepend' program that is built before the main compile
> starts seems to be the culprit. The compile freezes mid-tty
> and 'makedepend' starts to eat up 99% of CPU. Has anyone
> else noticed this? I'm using gcc-2.95.2 with
> binut18.104.22.168.29. This is a slackware 7 system..
The configuration process for Xfree86-4.0 fails to detect one's
system setup properly. In my case I had to make a symlink named
"1-pc-linux-gnu" in /usr/lib/gcc-lib, pointing to my real
compiler location, i686-pc-linux-gnu, then everything went
fine. (This was after noticing that XFree was looking for
headers under 1-pc-linux-gnu -- why, I don't know.)