Re: smbfs problem

>>>>> Allin Cottrell writes:

Allin> On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Yasushi Shoji wrote:
>> > Sorry to be a bore on this, but the issue is persisting.  Two
>> > ix86 machines, very similar in that they both run kernel 2.2.12
>> > and Samba 2.0.5a in the same network environment.  The one
>> > running glibc 2.1.1 can mount smb shares no problem.  The one
>> > running glibc 2.1.2 can do an initial mount of a share, and
>> > occasionally get a first directory listing, but after that it's
>> > nothing but i-o errors, with lots of printk's about "sigpending
>> > lied".

>> 1) what happens if you down grade from 2.1.2 to 2.1.1

Allin> Smbmount works again!  I put the 2.1.1 libs in /test and ran
Allin> smbmount using them, and the i-o errors disappeared.  So the
Allin> problem does seem to be glibc-related.

I'm puzzled and just checked our ChangeLog from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2.  I do
need your help to nail this down since I'm not using smbmount.

Has smbmount been compiled against glibc 2.1.1 or 2.1.2?  Could you
try to recompile smbmount in your 2.1.2 environment (don't install it,
just test it locally) and tell us whether this works?

Is smbmount using one of the aio_* functions?

Could you run ltrace one time with glibc 2.1.1 and the other with
glibc 2.1.2 and check where the output differs significantly?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de