Re: Does a HOWTO exist for compiling libstdc++ under linux withglibc 2.1 exist?

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, McKisson, Shawn wrote:

> Also, is egcs just a pre-release the of each gcc compiler?

No, it is/was a distinct development, but it is to be re-united
with gcc shortly.

> Sheesh - installing glibc has done nothing but cascade
> problem after problem into my lap for about 3 weeks now. The
> only reason I need stdlibc++ is to use netscape which
> requires libg++2.8

If you install the current egcs and make libstc++ in the
process, you'll get version 2.9.0 of the library.  I have put a
bunch of older libstc++s, required by various Netscape versions
but now difficult to recreate, in

ftp://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/pub/netscape-libs

You may pick up libstdc++.so.2.8.1.1 for Netscape 4.61 for
glibc.

Allin Cottrell.