Does a HOWTO exist for compiling libstdc++ under linux with glibc2.1 exist?

I still haven't gotten a clean build, and after doing some further
exploring, it seems as though I may have to install egcs and use that to
compile. If no HOW-TO exists, then I will consider creating one, as this has
been by far the most difficult package I have ever tried to compile.

Also, is egcs just a pre-release the of each gcc compiler?

Sheesh - installing glibc has done nothing but cascade problem after problem
into my lap for about 3 weeks now. The only reason I need stdlibc++ is to
use netscape which requires libg++2.8

--shawn