Re: Where should libc-lock.h be installed

SAHO> Hello

SAHO> I used glibc-crypt-2.0.6.tar.gz and glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.1.tar.gz as
SAHO> add-ons - the most recent versions available on ftp.gnu.org. Where can I
SAHO> find glibc-crypt-2.1.1.tar.gz?
SAHO> Once I obtain the 2.1 version, is there a way I can just recompile and
SAHO> install glibc-crypt, or is it necessary to completely recompile and
SAHO> reinstall glibc? Should I also be looking for the
SAHO> glibc-localedata-2.1.1.tar.gz? I did not use this add-on as localedata
SAHO> appears to now be distributed as part of glibc-2.1.1.

localedata has been integrated but you really should get the crypt
add-on from one of the places mentioned in the FAQ/README/INSTALL
files.

I've contacted the crypt maintainer so that a current glibc-crypt
should appear again on ftp.gnu.org.

You've got to recompile the whole glibc to add the crypt add-on.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de