Re: Host type problems

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Reid Sutherland wrote:

> When I run ./configure now after installing 2.1.1 I get: Can't detemine host
> type. You must specify one (or something to that effect).
>
> Any have an idea of how to get it so it picks it up again?

Do you have a working cc as /usr/bin/cc ie a link to gcc ?
config.guess uses that to distinguish between libc versions (a little bit
useless here...)
you can also run CC=gcc ./configure ...
or else ./configure --host=i?86-pc-linux-gnu
where i?86 is your processor

	Regards, gael <gqueri@mail.dotcom.fr>