This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/5268] huge and denornal reads and writes for long doubles
- From: "amodra at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 04:04:49 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/5268] huge and denornal reads and writes for long doubles
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-5268-131 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #5 from Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com> ---
> huge() seems to give a long double having component doubles of 0x1p+1023
> -0x1p+917. I'm not sure why this value is chosen
Ah, I knew I had something to do with this long double choice but had forgotten
the exact reason. See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2005-09/msg00556.html.
huge() has nothing to do with the maximum value for a machine representable
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.