This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug math/15680] New: IBM long double inaccuracy
- From: "amodra at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:39:40 +0000
- Subject: [Bug math/15680] New: IBM long double inaccuracy
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 15680
Summary: IBM long double inaccuracy
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: amodra at gmail dot com
IBM long double values are printed inaccurately in base 10 floating point
a) the exponent of the long double approaches the lower end of its range, ie.
the low double is denormal, or,
b) the difference in exponents between the high and low double is greater than
c) the difference in exponents is 53, the high and low doubles differ in sign,
and the high double is 0x1.0pnnn.
These user visible errors are all the result of bugs in
__mpn_extract_long_double, and similar bugs exist in related functions.
(c) is PR5268.
(b) is due to shift count exceeds width of type undefined behaviour.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.