This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nptl/12310] pthread_exit() in main thread segfaults when statically-linked
- From: "carlos at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:31:51 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nptl/12310] pthread_exit() in main thread segfaults when statically-linked
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-12310-131 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #6 from Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to Vladimir Nikulichev from comment #5)
> There are two another solutions:
> 1) Move __nptl_nthreads to separate object file and don't mark the reference
> as weak. I think it is better semantically.
Please investigate having pthread_exit reference __nptl_nthreads. We don't want
to unconditionally include __nptl_nthreads if we can avoid it.
> 2) Check if &__nptl_nthreads == NULL in libc-start.
This isn't needed if pthread_exit correctly references all of the data that it
needs. Keeping the code simpler is better for maintenance.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.