This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/15607] Add threadsafe version of getenv()
- From: "jakub at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:58:21 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/15607] Add threadsafe version of getenv()
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-15607-131 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #2 from Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com> ---
It is certainly not straightforward or cleaner, if all the uses of getenv in
glibc are converted to a version that requires locking, there will be a
significant cost to all apps out there, not just one particular that does
something like this.
The current behavior of setenv/putenv is clearly documented.
Why exactly do you want to change environment of the running multi-threaded
process, as opposed just making sure that upon exec the executed programs will
get the desired environment?
You can use execle or execvpe functions for that.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.