This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/15576] New: sysconf may change returned value during the lifetime of a process.
- From: "aoliva at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 02:57:02 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/15576] New: sysconf may change returned value during the lifetime of a process.
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 15576
Summary: sysconf may change returned value during the lifetime
of a process.
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: aoliva at redhat dot com
CC: drepper.fsp at gmail dot com
Posix requires âThe value shall not change during the lifetime of the calling
process, except that sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX) may return different values before
and after a call to setrlimit() which changes the RLIMIT_NOFILE soft limit.â
In my code review, I noticed the returned value may change over time for
TZNAME_MAX, depending on selected timezones; NPROCS, NPROCS_CONF, PHYS_PAGES,
AVPHYS_PAGES, NGROUPS_MAX, SIGQUEUE_MAX, depending on variable values read from
/proc at each call, and from rlimit-obtained values CHILD_MAX, OPEN_MAX,
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.