Re: gdb 8.x - g++ 7.x compatibility

Is there any progress on this problem?

I'm not familiar with G++ , but I have little experience with LLVM.  I can
try make LLVM emitting mangled names to DW_AT_name, instead of demangled
ones.
This way GDB can match DW_AT_name against RTTI. And for display it can
call  abi::__cxa_demangle(name, NULL, NULL, &status), from #include
<cxxabi.h>.

Will it work?

Thanks, Roman