significance of strip -g versus strip for remote debugging using gdb/gdbserver

Hi,

In the context of debugging using gdb on a host to debug a remote target using gdbserver...

If I compare ELF objects prepared with strip -g and strip, I can see that the difference is that the more aggressive option removes debug info AND the symbol table and it's associated string table.

It is clear that this will take up less size on the remote target. But does the presence of the symbol table on the target alter the conversation or speed of operation between gdb/gdbserver?

Regards,

Amit