Re: aarch64 gdb failures in testsuite

On Tue, 2017-07-25 at 15:13 -0700, Andrew Pinski wrote:

> function.c:
> /* Return true if we should assign DECL a pseudo register; false if it
>    should live on the local stack.  */
>
> bool
> use_register_for_decl (const_tree decl)
> {

Yes, I just tried tweaking that function to return false when not
optimizing, even if the decl has DECL_REGISTER set.  If fixed
gdb.base/store.exp but not much else.  The other things that did
not fail after the change were:

FAIL: gdb.base/step-over-syscall.exp: clone: displaced=off: single step over clone
FAIL: gdb.base/watchpoint.exp: next over global_ptr_ptr buffer set
FAIL: gdb.base/watchpoint.exp: next over global_ptr_ptr init
FAIL: gdb.base/watchpoint.exp: next over global_ptr_ptr pointer advance

And I don't actually see why those would change behaviour, I didn't see
any register variables in those tests  I could submit a patch to GCC
with this change but it seems like a rather large hammer to use on a
few fixes.  Maybe changing gdb.base/store.exp to not use register
variables would be a reasonable fix.  Originally, I thought that was a
bad idea because I thought the problem affected more tests, now I am
not so sure.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@cavium.com