Re: [OpenOCD-devel] Python API for supplying thread information?

On Thu, 2017-03-23 at 10:23 +0100, Pierre-Marie de Rodat wrote:
> What makes you think that? My understanding of the design is that
> it's
> centered on adding new metadata sections to ELF binaries and make
> the
> debugger use this metedata. This looks quite embedded-friendly to me.

Maybe I got the wrong impression, sorry. But the problem is that this
project doesn't seem very active... Generally fragmenting the effort
(yet another library with yet another standard and so on...) doesn't
seem like a very good idea to me, that's why in my opinion a solution
implemented completely in GDB would be better suited and would have a
higher chance of "survival" and "adoption". But I might got the wrong
impression again.

However me and Liviu had a discussion about describing RTOS structure
in a generic way and I'm still pretty certain that this is generally
not possible in a generic and agnostic way. In the end it would become
either extremely complex or you'd have to implement some kind of
scripting/code to actually deal with that.

Regards,
FCh