Re: AdaCore git hooks for binutils-gdb git repo

> You'll find gdb's current configuration via:
>
>     $ git fetch origin refs/meta/config
>     $ git show FETCH_HEAD:project.config
>
> The documentation should be up to date. Normally, it's part of
> my SOP to update them anytime I make a change.

Thank you for the steps.
The current project.config clearly reflects the documentation.
Excellent work!

>> With your permission, we (Valgrind developers) would like to
>> coordinate on sharing your setup for AdaCore git hooks by:
>> 1) Utilizing the current git-hooks checkout [2] and adapting the
>> configuration to our needs
>
> Of course. I can help with the configuration as well.

I would like to know more about binutils-gdb style checker; the rest
of config is well
documented. Can you share some pointers and eventually style checker
sources/config?

valgrind-developers@lists.sourceforge.net

> That's because you were looking at the old config, before we switched
> to using the current git-hooks.

I am not very familiar with git hooks administration.
I assume Mark has obtained the old config by running 'git config' or
some other way; but the new config
is applied when "hooks" directory is linked to
/sourceware/projects/src-home/git-hooks/hooks.
Is that correct? If yes, then why to keep the old config around? If
not, do these two coexist somehow?

And thank you for your response. It was really helpful!
I.