Re: Issue with Latest GDB on AIX with GCC-6.12

Hi All,

> 3. GDB with GCC-6.1, 64 bit mode, with static options : NOT WORKING
> 4. GDB with GCC-6.1, 64 bit mode, without static options : COMPILATION ERROR.
>
> P.S.: Static options means: -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc

>What is the compilation error?
With GCC-6.1, 64 bit mode, WITHOUT static option, below is the output of the
compilation error:

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: ._Unwind_Resume
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__cxa_atexit
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.

> Does GCC 4.8.5 and GCC 6.1 fail in the same manner?  Neither catch the
exception?
Yes, by NOT WORKING, I meant, niether catching the exception and process is
getting terminated.

Thanks,
Nitish