Re: build bot failure

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 6:05 AM, Yao Qi <qiyaoltc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 6:27 PM, David Edelsohn <dje.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jim,
>>
>> The problem is the debug stabstring for bfd_reloc_code_real_names now
>> overflows the maximum length.  Your patch overflowed the limit.
>>
>> More recent releases of GCC for AIX added support for stab
>> continuation strings, but not the release installed on the machine
>> running the buildbot.
>>

> Hi David,
> I am still unable to build GDB on AIX (gcc111) due to this gcc/ld issue
> today.  I know you've already started to address this issue (we talked
> about this in Cauldron in July).  When can we get a new toolchain
> installed on it or get it replaced by a new one?
>
> I touch some rs6000 aix software single step code, and I'd like to test
> GDB on aix to make sure my patches regression-free on aix.

There is a new POWER8 AIX 7.2 system in the GNU Compile Farm.  That is
the system running the GDB Buildbot for AIX.

Patches can be tested in the "custom" builder of the Buildbot, or you
can log in to the system directly.

gcc119.fsffrance.org aka power8-aix.osuosl.org

Laurent and I have not formally announced it because of a question
about I/O tuning, but the system works and is available.

Thanks, David