speeding up time to hit first breakpoint

Hi

I'm debugging LibreOffice, which can be a bit of a GDB stress test :-)

And it can take 30 seconds or so between me hitting the key stroke that triggers a breakpoint and getting to the GDB command line console.

I took a trace with 'perf record -g', which I'm enclosing. It looks like the bulk of the time is spent in xrealloc.
Perhaps there is something that can be sized more appropriately up front to prevent the reallocating?

Anyway, thanks for the powerful tool :-)

Cheers, Noel grandin

    Children  Self    Command  Shared Object         Symbol
-   99.18%    98.83%  gdb      libc-2.23.so          [.] __memset_sse2
   - __memset_sse2
      - 99.08% _int_free
           _int_realloc
           realloc_check