Re: Need some help with xtensa processor

On 08/31/2016 09:20 PM, doark@mail.com wrote:
On 08/16/16(Tue) 20:01 <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
Hello!

I'm working on a closed source (not my decision) project that uses
an xtensa cpu.  I have no jtag access to this board, but I can pass
messages, including grabbing 'logs' and stack traces on crash, and so
forth.

Currently, I have narrowed down a bug to a wild write on a structure of
method pointers.  Next time code tries to execute one of these methods,
it crashes spectacularly.

It's been about a two weeks, did you ever solve the issue?
It might be helpful to others with similar problems (you don't need to
provide identifying information).

I could never get it working.  My problem is likely that I do not know how to
write the assembly that creates and assigns the exception vector.

In the end, it was easier to track down the problem by adding asserts
and debug statements...

Thanks,
Ben

--