Re: Process record does not support instruction 0xc5 at address...

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 5:42 PM, dwk <dwks42@gmail.com> wrote:
> I used to run into this all the time with SIGSEGV, SIGINT, instruction
> 0xcc, instruction 0xf4, etc. It seems to have been fixed when I upgraded
> gdb at one point. I am currently using gdb 7.7.1 on x86-64. Your mileage
> may vary.

I'm on 7.11.1 by the way.

Processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3520M with the following flags:

fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc
aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2
ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer
aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm epb tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept
vpid fsgsbase smep erms xsaveopt dtherm ida arat pln pts

Phil