[compile] GCC Compile and Execute Status

Hi,

Pedro asked me to send out a note o let people know that this project is
actually under active development. [Surprise! :-)]

Since the C compile project landed in 7.9, there have been some staffing
changes, and our focus has shifted 100% to enabling compile support for C++.

On the GCC side, the C++ plug-in effort is being undertaken by Alexander
Oliva. On the GDB side, work is being done by Phil Muldoon (a seasoned C
Compile veteran) and me.

Many, many thanks to (alumni) Tom Tromey and Jan Kratochvil for their
past pioneering contributions to this effort.

Information about the current status of the project, where to get
sources, etc, is all on the (recently updated) Compile and Execute wiki:

https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/GCCCompileAndExecute

[There is now also a link to this project on the main GDB wiki page.]

Keith