Python gdb.Function is an old-style class?

Hi all; I am writing some Python functions that subclass from
gdb.Function, and I use super() to call the superclass __init__()

It works, but pylint is failing with an error "Use of super on an old
style class".  This is usually shown when a Python2 class does not
inherit, ultimately, from the object.

Is there something magic that needs to happen to make gdb.Function
recognized as a new-style class?