Re: Tracepoint questions

Aleksey Midenkov writes:

> Tracepoint hit count 30278, but only 7655 frames collected. Why?

You may have hit the maximum trace buffer size. See:
https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Starting-and-Stopping-Trace-Experiments.html#Starting-and-Stopping-Trace-Experiments

Check the size with: show trace-buffer-size

However this is target dependant, it may be hardcoded, what is your
target ?

You may want to try setting: set circular-trace-buffer on

This will continue tracing after the buffer is full by making it a ring
buffer, this way you will be able to know if you've stopped tracing
previously because the max buffer was reached.

> Am I right guessing that trace frames are in chronological order?

Yes.

> If it's so, may I propose a suggestion: command 'tfind last' to select
> last frame, because last is the most interesting one!

That sounds like a good idea, since there is tfind start already...

Regards,
Antoine