qXfer:threads:read packets

I'm looking to implement qXfer:threads:read for our remote target.
To that end, I have some questions and observations.

In appendix E, section 17 (Thread List Format), the manual gives
an example of the response to the qXfer:threads:read packet.
In part it reads:

    <thread id="id" core="0" name="name">

But, file gdb/features/threads.dtd does not mention 'name'.
Is this a bug?  A misunderstanding on my part?  Something else?

The documentation does not say what happens when a target gives
a short response to a qXfer:threads:read request.

Reading the code, the current GDB requires a zero length reply for EOF.
Is it okay to document this?  Also, the 'offset' for the next packet is the
previous offset plus the length of the previous reply (not the requested
length in the previous packet).

These are exactly what I want, but before relying on them I would like to
document them -- that way they are less likely to change and if they change
and the documentation isn't updated, then it's a bug.

If the above seems reasonable, I'll create a couple of patches.

[We have a copyright assignment on file.]

David