Re: C++ conversion status update

> Now that the "exceptions signals handlers" issue is resolved, I think we've
> now done all we could re. C++ conversion while keeping C supported as well.
>
> I think the time has come to starting to default to building in C++ mode
> on all hosts, except those known to not having been fully converted yet,
> as with the patch at the top of the users/palves/cxx-conversion branch.
>
> Thoughts?

I wish I could say I'm ready for the switch, but I'm not. Mostly,
it's cross-compiling gdbserver, because I need to start building
a C++ cross-compiler to be able to achieve that. But I don't think
I can use that excuse to hold you guys back forever. If others
are in the same situation, then we might have to reconsider our
timeline, but so far as I know, I'm the only one. So, I'm OK with
changing the default as well.

If we do, perhaps it's time to change the major version number
to 8.0?

--
Joel