Re: Random SIGILL / SIGSEGV on ARMv7 while debugging ?

On 11/20/2015 04:11 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
Antoine Tremblay <antoine.tremblay@ericsson.com> writes:

I didn't see any SIGILL/SIGSEGV in my testing.

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0xb6fd99e2 in ?? () from target:/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3
(gdb) FAIL: gdb.trace/change-loc.exp: Can't run to main to check for
trace support

Did you see SIGILL with vanilla GDB or GDB with your tracepoint patches?

I tested both and the problem was present with vanilla too :

gdb --version
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.9-1ubuntu1) 7.9

You can turn on debugging output, like "set debug infrun 1" and "set
debug remote 1", and you may find some clues from them.

Yes I did that with gdbserver --debug and compared the output from a successful run with a failed run and there was no change.

This leads me to suspect the problem is not gdb/gdbserver. Especially since the Pi2 with the same gdb/gdbserver does not have the problem.

I'm guessing from your answer you've never seen that in your tests...

I think I'll have to work around it by using an other board, I'm looking at the testing the firefly one now : http://en.t-firefly.com/en/firenow/firefly_rk3288/

If ever you have another suggestion of a powerful ARMv7 board with eMMC storage that you know works well it's quite welcome.

Thank you,
Antoine