Question about SSH protocol for developper access

  I am not sure this is the correct mailing list for this question,
but I was wondering if it would not be better to allow now also SSH version
2 keys
for remote write access to Gnu repositories.

  The reason for me to ask is simply that protocol 1 is now disabled by
default on Cygwin installation.
This means that ssh-agent, which I normally use to avoid having to type my
password
each time I access git repository for instance, does not work for my
SSH-version 1 key anymore?

  I suppose that this has to do with the fact that version 1 is less
?secure? than version 2.
what are the reasons why GNU still insists on only using version 1 keys?

If someone can tell me where would be a better place to ask this question,
it would also be great,
and I would be happy to move the topic to another list.

Pierre Muller
as pascal language maintainer of GDB