Re: dynamic array's upper bound evaluated as address for AVR target

On 10/14/2015 09:54 AM, Sivanupandi, Pitchumani wrote:
It is not meant for integer to address conversion, rather transforming the
location expression value as target address (value.c:value_as_address) if
target has some special handling. In AVR case, to differentiate the memory
type (flash, sram, eeprom) we have this mask so that debugger can identify
the correct memory type from that address.

Thank you for your answers, and sorry for the new questions, I just try to understand both the need and the solution in place for it. ;-)

If all these memories share the same address space, why donât location expressions (so compiler generated) compute directly masked addresses? What addresses does the inferior processes? (like: in registers, etc.) are these masked as well?

Then maybe we should add this expect_address parameter to both
dwarf2_evaluate_property and dwarf2_locexpr_baton_evalâ

Ok. I'll try it out.

Thank you! As I said previously, Iâm not a maintainer: I added Joel as a recipient since heâs both a maintainer and the original author of the dwarf2 property mechanism.

--
Pierre-Marie de Rodat