Eclipse misbehaves with GDB 7.10

Hi,

We realized today that eclipse has a bug causing it to misbehave with the newly released GDB 7.10. The fix is already in and will be released on Sept 14th with eclipse's update release, Mars.1/CDT 8.8.

I wanted to make you aware of this as you may encounter the issue or hear of someone that has.

It's a classic mistake where eclipse does a string comparison instead of an integer comparison on the version string "7.10" and believes it deals with a GDB older than 7.2. So it turns off multi-process, dprintf, tracepoints, and many other features introduced
 since GDB 7.2.

This versioning mechanism was introduced back when GDB 7.0 came out. How time flies.

For the curious:
http://eclip.se/476432

Marc