Re: GDB on Mac OS

Paul_Koning wrote on Wed, 12 Aug 2015:

On Aug 11, 2015, at 11:12 PM, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:

 - for actual debugging of a live inferior, the debugger needs
   to be codesigned - try with a simple example first to see
   if you can run a program and break somewhere.

So is that the reason why so many tests fail? I know of the codesigning requirement from actually using the debugger (or rather, answering the prompt for my password, which is the alternative).

It's not the alternative, both are required. You won't even get to the password prompt without a codesigned binary.

Where would I look for information on how to do this?

https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildingOnDarwin

In particular also note the addendum regarding taskgated: you also have to add the -p option to that LaunchDaemon plist and reboot before gdb will work for non-root users on OS X 10.9 and 10.10.

Jonas