RE: Personal branches and restrictions with GIT repository

> git checkout master; git pull; git checkout users/pmuldoon/c++compile;
> git merge master; git push
>
> This just makes my branch = Master + my changes. It does not, of course,
> affect Master in any way.

If the long term aim is to submit the code to master you may find it
easier to rebase and force push to your personal branch. I'm assuming
force push to a personal branch is allowed.

This keeps all your commits at the top too. This method works well until
you have multiple contributors but with some practice it is possible to
work as a group with rebase+force push.

Matthew