Unable to interrupt through gdbserver

I have been trying to remotely debug my embedded program using QtCreator and GDB but have been having trouble. I took QtCreator out of the loop to try to isolate the problem and have gotten to the following. While I am able to interrupt the embedded program via `kill -INT <PID>` (or -TRAP) I am not able to interrupt it in GDB using either ctrl-c while not at the prompt nor via `interrupt` when at the prompt. Ctrl-c twice will return me to the prompt with a `Quit` message but does not interrupt the process. I am running a locally built cross-debugger suite with GDB and gdbserver from 7.9 with Linux on both the desktop and a PowerPC embedded target.

The application is being launched on the embedded Linux target and subsequently I run `gdbserver --attach :10000 <pid> &` on the target. I then launch gdb on my desktop and run the following:

set sysroot /local/sysroot
file <desktop path to executable>
target remote tcp:172.30.54.111:10000
set scheduler-locking on

I then `continue` and attempt to break with ctrl-c. Press ctrl-c again to get back to the prompt anyways and try `interrupt`. I have additionally tried forcing the interrupt sequence trying each of these in individual sessions entered before the above âscriptâ.

set remote interrupt-sequence BREAK
set remote interrupt-sequence BREAK-g
set remote interrupt-sequence Ctrl-C

I have not noticed any difference between them. I have also tried just leaving it at default (ctrl-c).

Any recommendations on how to proceed? Is it expected that I must interrupt the program from outside of GDB when remote debugging with gdbserver?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers,
-kyle