Re: Remote debugging

Hi Russel,
I hope this is what you're looking for.

I see two approaches:
1) File system sharing/copying utility
    Similar to what you suggested, NFS, scp, etc.

    I do remote debugging all the time with gdb and gdbserver, and I have this
    batch file (both my host and target are Windows OSes) that copies
my binaries
    over SMB share.

    If you build your sources frequently, and you're paranoid about
typing the same commands
    over and over again, how about adding a post-build command to call
this script to deploy the files?

2) Transferring files via remote protocol
     Once you're connected from gdb to gdbserver, you can use the
following command [1]:
     remote put <host file> <target file>

     However, this might be an overkill as it will require gdbserver
[2] to be attached to
     some dummy process, and will most likely require you to start new
gdb and gdbserver
     processes in order to debug the new binary.

I personally consider option #1 as a valid and normal way of
host2target remote debugging workflow.

- Ofir

[1] https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/File-Transfer.html
[2] https://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/gdb-5.1.1/html_node/gdb_130.html