psymtab vs symtab bug?

Hello all,
I noticed a problem with a private port of cross gdb 7.6. I have
loaded a core-dump on the platform and connected it to gdb. The
backtrace is displayed okay, but when i do

"info locals"

I get

"No symbol table info available"

If i print a global in the file

print global_a

it prints the global okay. If i then execute "info locals", all the
locals in the top function in stack get printed okay.

I tried to debug this issue and it looks like it may be an issue with
partial symbol table loaded initially. The printing of global reads in
more symbols, and the second "info locals" works okay.

I tried --readnow option on the gdb command line, but that seems to
only read the symbol table without the dwarf. So, info locals fails
again.

Has anyone seen this before? Is this a known issue, perhaps fixed in
later release?

Any pointers on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hari