Re: gdb says EVERY argument or variable is optimized out (Re: gdb and fission scheme (gcc: -gsplit-dwarf, gnu ld gold :--gdb-index ))

* ISHIKAWA,chiaki <ishikawa@yk.rim.or.jp> [2015-01-19 12:00:21 +0900]:

> However, for debugging particular class of bugs,
> I really needed to print some values on the stack trace when a
> breakpoint is hit, as well as local variables manually.
> So I made sure that I passed -O instead of higher optimization.

-O is not "no optimisation", do you get better debugging with -O0 ?

> In my case, disabling -gsplit-dwarf means a very long time (several
> minutes) of I/O during linking process alone and this is unacceptable
> overhead for interactive debugging after changing a single C++
> source file.

OK, but you could try it one time and see if it fixes your problem.
That would narrow down where the bug is coming from....

Thanks,
Andrew