Stepping into glibc

Hey list,

I'm trying to debug some code with Nemiver (a Gtk+ frontend for GDB).
When I try to step into glibc functions, it complains about not being
able to find its source. e.g.

        Cannot find file '/build/buildd/glibc-2.19/posix/getopt1.c'.

I have installed libc6-dbg and glibc-source packages (using Ubuntu
14.10).

Is there something I need to add to my ~/.gdbinit, such as a directory
/ set solib-absolute-prefix / set sysroot or what have you?

I could always download the source of my distro's version of glibc into
the above location, but I'm sure there is a more elegant way of
handling this.

Respectfully,

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer